Friday, June 29, 2007

Pancake Review

This is the recipe Mia gave me:

1 egg
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tbs. sugar
2 tbs. oil
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

(1/2 cup berries, chocolate chips, or a mashed up
banana if you like!)

Beat the egg 'til its fluffy
Stir in remaining ingredients
Add more milk for thinner pancakes

Pour onto hot greased (or pammed) skillet and
away you go!
Make about 9 or more 4-inch pancakes



Equipment used:

Cast iron skillet, big plastic flipper, meduim sized red mixing bowl, measuring cups, and a whisk.

Strengths:

Just the right size for one hungry athlete! It cooks pretty fast on med-hi

Weaknesses:

Needs a little more salt, it was a bit crumbly. I thought it was an accepted FACT that NOTHING ever sticks to a cast iron skillet, but these pancakes did manage to do so. Be sure to grease the skillet well!

Notes:

Ok, a few weeks ago I found these nasty little bugs in my pasta boxes. When I poured the flour into the mixing bowl, THERE THEY WERE AGAIN!! So I started all over, this time with the not-so-bug-infested cake flour. Dont use cake flour if you can help it, it makes it all cakey. Also, I used Splenda instead of sugar and a little bit of vanilla extract cuz thats how I roll. PS-be sure to MIX WELL, I got a mouth full of baking powder...and the way I was making them, one batch yielded 2.75 pancakes.

Bottom Line:

Tasty. Thanks Mia!!

Heres the finished product:




If anyone else has a pancake recipe, email it to me and ill give it a review! This is fun!!

No comments: