Sunday, April 8, 2007

Track is back!


We had our first scrimmage last week, I allmost won the 400m, but a girl from the other school beat me by maybe a few inches. I guess if your gonna lose, it should only be by a few inches. This season, I am doing the 400m, 800m, 400m relay and when the coaches feel like putting me in the 400m hurdles, I suppose ill do that too...but it will cost them. I don't do the hurdles for free. During the scrimmage, coach made me do the 300m hurdles (it was shortened 100m). I made damn sure she had an organic granny smith apple for me at the end of that race. In case you still don't get it, I dislike the hurdles. It's not that I hate them, they're fun during practice, but it is the fate of every hurdler to fall flat on their faces at one point in their career. If I break something, my skating season will be pretty much over. Im depending on my legs to endure some quality training this summer. ......................................HURDLERS: THIS COULD BE YOU!!

Anyway, we've got a bunch of new runners on the team. Since the coaches are making me train with distancethis year (800m and up), ive gotten to know 2 of them, one is anti-sprinting, the other..likes grabbing my hair. But they're both cool. I keep suggesting we run in different areas for practice, like "we do this same route every day, lets run out that way this time!" *hint hint* but nobody seems to get it. The sprinters on the other hand, they do cool workouts like where one person is strapped in to one end of a bungee cord and the other person at the opposite end, the that person sprints and the 1st person stands there untill the cord gets tight, then they run and try to catch up to that person. It's good fun. Not that im complaining about anything, because runners never complain. :)

Official times from the scrimmage:
400m= 61.8 sec
300m hurdles= Something horrible, i'm sure

No comments: