Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hug A Tree, Save A Planet.


I love the Earth, without it I wouldnt be able to! :P Thats why I went out today with the RSST to get the crap off of Cobbs Hill (which is also where we do dryland practice). We found some interesting things, a recycling bin, a few broken sleds, a guitar pick (which I gave to Maria :P), a beer bottle with a dead mouse in it, an ironing board, and a bag of pee which nobody touched. We all ended up collecting about 12 bags of garbage. GO US! In honor of Earth Day, they turned off the lights at the Eiffel Tower, that bridge in Australia, the Empire State Building, and some lights in Times Square!! Wow, I bet that saved about 3 million watts of electricity...Anyway, it was a really good time and an awesome way to be usefull. (My car gets 32 miles per gallon, whos the patriot now?!! )

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtfully committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
~Margaret Mead

No comments: