Sunday, May 6, 2007

Us VS Sutherland/Twilight Invite @ HFL


Ahh, the legendary Mendon VS Sutherland match. They didnt look intimidating but they crushed us in the field events...we lost by only 4 points!! I think its because we didnt have anyone in pole vault. I won the high jump for us though! (and the 400m hurdles) and our 4x4 relay won as well. I look foward to the invite every year, it is SOO much fun running in the dark! There are lights pointing on the track but when your running. The only thing you can see is the track, nothing else. Like a horse with blinders on :P Its really cool when you run past the crowd because you can only hear them. The energy channels to the track. I only did relays in this meet, the 4x4 and 4x8. We won the 4x4, the coach finally put together the REAL relay team, consisting of Melissa, Shaylin, Lisa, and me. When the coach puts us together we mean business >: ) In the 4x8 I got nervous because we were going againsd Liz Deir and her relay team (she is like FLASH GORDON on spikes) but we did well, only about a half a lap behind in 2nd place. I ran a PB by 3 seconds!!

My Meet Times:

(Suth vs Mend)
High Jump: 4'6"
400m hurdles: 70.x
4x4 split: 61.x

(Invite)
4x4 split: 61.8
4x8 split: 2:28

No comments: