Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pancake Review #5

The other day I made 23 apple pancakes for my math class. Then I came home and made 3 more for lunch. I got rave reviews on them and an email saying how awesometastical the were, even being cold and a few hours old and with no syrup!!! The original recipe was from a cookbook my brothers fiancee gave to me called "How To Cook Everything" but I chaned it around a little.

Apple Pancakes

INGREDIENTS:
2c flour
1 tbl baking powder
1/2t salt
1 tbl sugar
2 eggs
1.5c milk
2 tbl melted butter
Vanilla extract to taste
2-3 peeled grated apples

PREPARATION:
Mix dry ingredients. Beat eggs in the milk then stir in the butter and vanilla. Stir it into the dry ingredients. Lumps are good. Add the apple.

Equipment Used:

Skillet, big plastic flipper, large mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, measuring cups, a whisk, a grater, and a peeler.

Strengths:

These are DEFINATLY fantastical. They are good even without maple syrup so you can put them in a baggie and have a snack later. Fluffy but dense and filling at the same time.

Weaknesses:

You know what? I CANT THINK OF ANY!!!
Notes:

Everyone loves apple pancakes, good for monday mornings, definatly. If you want to add some whey protein to them they would make an awesome post workout snack. They smell DELICIOUS!


Unfortunatly I dont have a picture of them, before I left I took a picture of that ginormous stack fo 13 pancakes, but I guess it got deleted. Forshame!!!

No comments: